Labour Market Information
- Unemployment is 2,501,000, up 10,000 from last month’s published figure and the unemployment rate is 7.8%, up 0.1 percentage points.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 1,540,900, down 12,500 on last month, and the claimant rateis 4.7%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,348,000, down 5,000 in the quarter, representing 18.6% of the youth population.
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 974,000, up11,000 in the quarter.
- There are 5.1 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 71.5% (up 0.1 percentage points on last month’s published figure and up 0.3 percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News