Labour Market Live
- Unemployment is 2,505,000, down 6,000 from last
month’s published figure (quarterly headline down 57,000), and the unemployment
rate is 7.8%, the same as last month and down 0.2
percentage points in the last quarter.
- The number of claimant unemployed is
1,478,900 down 21,200 on last month, and the claimant rate
- The number of workless young people (not
in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,348,000, down
23,000 in the quarter, representing 18.6% of the youth population (down
0.3 percentage points).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 959,000, down 20,000 in the
- There are 4.8 unemployed people per
- The employment rate is 71.4% (down
0.1 percentage points on last month’s published figure and down 0.1
percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News