Labour Market Live
- Unemployment is 2,320,000, down 68,000 from last month’s published figure (quarterly headline down 167,000) and the unemployment rate is 7.1%, down 0.2 percentage points on last month and down 0.5 percentage points on last quarter.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 1,247,000, down 24,000 on last month, and the claimant rate is 3.7%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,294,000, down 17,000 on the quarter, representing 18% of the youth population (down 0.2 percentage points).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 920,000, down 39,000 on the quarter.
- There are 4.1 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 72.1% (up 0.1 percentage points on last month’s published figure and up 0.5 percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).
- There were 2.465 million Employment and Support Allowance or Incapacity Benefit claimants in November 2013 (up 35,000 on August 2013 and up 15,000 on September.
Categorised in: News