Labour Market Live
- Unemployment is 2,625,000, down 25,000 from last month’s published figure, and the unemployment rate is 8.2%, down 0.1 percentage points on last month.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 1,590,300, down 13,700, and the claimant rate is 4.9%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,419,000, down 25,000 in the quarter, representing 19.5% of the youth population (down 0.3 percentage points in the quarter).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 1,021,000, down 17,000 in the quarter.
- There are 5.7 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 70.4% (up 0.1 percentage points on last month’s published figure and up 0.2 percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News