- Unemployment is 2,615,000, down 11,000 from last month’s published figure, and the unemployment rate is 8.2%, the same as last month.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 1,599,300, up 8,100, and the claimant rate is 4.9%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,453,000, up 19,000 in the quarter, representing 19.9% of the youth population (up 0.3 percentage points in the quarter).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 1,013,000, down 29,000 in the quarter.
- There are 5.7 unemployed people per vacancy. Inclusion estimates this figure may slip to 5.6 next month.
- The employment rate is 70.6% (up 0.1 percentage points on last month’s published figure and up 0.3 percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).