Latest Labour Market Information
- Unemployment is 2,584,000, down 30,000 from last month’s published figure, and the unemployment rate is 8.1%, down 1 percentage point on last month.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 1,604,200, up 6,100 on last month, and the claimant rate is 4.9%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,488,000, up 76,000 in the quarter, representing 20.4% of the youth population (up 1.1 percentage points in the quarter).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 1,024,000, down 10,000 in the quarter, but up 10,000 on last month’s published figure.
- There are 5.5 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 70.7% (up 0.1 percentage points on last month’s published figure and up 0.3 percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News