Labour Market Analyses
- Unemployment is 2,564,000, down 14,000 from last month’s published figure, and the unemployment rate is 8%, down 0.1 percentage points on last month.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 1,593,200, down 5,900 on last month, and the claimant rate is 4.9%, the same as last month.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,437,000, up 24,000 in the quarter, representing 19.7% of the youth population (up 0.4 percentage points in the quarter).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 1,012,000, down 4,000 in the quarter.
- There are 5.4 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 71% (up 0.2 percentage points on last month’s published figure and up 0.4 percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News