Labour Market LIVE
Unemployment is 2,592,000, up 29,000 from last month’s published figure (quarterly headline down 7,000), and the unemployment rate is 8.1%, up 0.1 percentage points on last month (quarterly headline down 0.1 percentage point).
- The number of claimant unemployed is 1,570,500, down 15,000 on last month, and the claimant rate is 4.8%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,423,000, down 27,000 in the quarter, representing 19.6% of the youth population (down 0.3 percentage points in the quarter).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 1,017,000, up 7,000 in the quarter.
- There are 5.5 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 71.2% (up 0.2 percentage points on last month’s published figure and up 0.5 percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News