Labour Market Live
- Unemployment is 2,528,000, down 64,000 from last month’s published figure (quarterly headline down 50,000), and the unemployment rate is 7.9%, down 0.2 percentage points on last month (quarterly headline down 0.2 percentage points).
- The number of claimant unemployed is 1,567,300, down 4,000 on last month, and the claimant rate is 4.8%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,364,000, down 103,000 in the quarter, representing 18.8% of the youth population (down 1.4 percentage points in the quarter).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 957,000, down 62,000 in the quarter.
- There are 5.3 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 71.3% (up 0.1 percentage points on last month’s published figure and up 0.5 percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).
Tags: Labour Market Live
Categorised in: News