Labour Market Live
- Unemployment is 2,514,000, down 13,000 from last month’s published figure (quarterly headline down 49,000), and the unemployment rate is 7.8%, down 0.1 percentage points on last month (quarterly headline down 0.2 percentage points).
- The number of claimant unemployed is 1,582,200, up 10,100 on last month, and the claimant rate is 4.8%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,354,000, down 83,000 in the quarter, representing 18.6% of the youth population (down 1.1 percentage points in the quarter).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 963,000, down 49,000 in the quarter.
- · There are 5.2 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 71.3% (down 0.1 percentage points on last month’s published figure and up 0.2 percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News