Labour Market Information
- Unemployment is 2,490,000, down 19,000 from last month’s published figure (quarterly headline down 37,000), and the unemployment rate is 7.7%, down 0.1 percentage points (quarterly headline down 0.1 percentage points).
- The number of claimant unemployed is 1,557,100, down 12,100 on last month, and the claimant rate is 4.7%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,346,000, down 18,000 in the quarter, representing 18.5% of the youth population (down 0.3 percentage points in the quarter).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 957,000, up 1,000 in the quarter.
- There are 5.1 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 71.4% (up 0.2 percentage points on last month’s published figure and up 0.1 percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News