Labour Market Statistics For March 2013
is 2,516,000, up 13,000 from last month’s published figure
(quarterly headline up 6,000), and the unemployment rate is 7.8%.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 1,541,900, down 1,500 on last month, and the claimant rate is 4.7%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,354,000, up
13,000 in the quarter, representing 18.7% of the youth population (up 0.2 percentage points).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 993,000, up 48,000 in the quarter.
- There are 5.1 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 71.5% (down 0.1 percentage points on last month’s published figure and up 0.3 percentage
points in the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News