Labour Market LIVE
- Unemployment is 2,563,000, up 46,000 from last month’s published figure (quarterly headline up 70,000), and the unemployment rate is 7.9%, up 0.1 percentage points on last month and up 0.2 percentage points on last quarter.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 1,531,000, down 7,000 on last month, and the claimant rate is 4.6%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,371,000, up 32,000 in the quarter, representing 18.9% of the youth population (up 0.5 percentage points).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 979,000, up 20,000 in the quarter.
- There are 5.2 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 71.4% (down 0.1 percentage points on last month’s published figure and no change in the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News