Labour Market LIVE
- Unemployment is 2,518,000, down 45,000 from last month’s published figure (quarterly headline up 15,000), and the unemployment rate is 7.8%, down 0.1 percentage points on last month and up 0.1 percentage points on last quarter.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 1,520,800, down 7,300 on last month, and the claimant rate is 4.5%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,362,000, up 22,000 in the quarter, representing 18.8% of the youth population (up 0.3 percentage points).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 958,000, down 17,000 in the quarter.
- There are 5.0 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 71.4% (no change on last month’s published figure and down 0.2 percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News