Labour Market Live
- Unemployment is 2,511,000, down 6,000 from last month’s published figure (quarterly headline down 5,000), and the unemployment rate is 7.8%, the same as last month and the last quarter.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 1,507,000 down 9,000 on last month, and the claimant rate is 4.5%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,340,000, down 14,000 in the quarter.
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 950,000, down 43,000 in the quarter.
- There are 5.0 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 71.5% (a slight increase on last month’s published figure and the same as the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News