Labour Market Live
Unemployment is 2,487,000, the same as last month’s published figure (quarterly headline down 18,000) and the unemployment rate is 7.7%, the same as last month and down 0.1 percentage points on last quarter.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 1,351,100, down 41,700 on last month, and the claimant rate is 4.0%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,312,000, down 36,000 on the quarter, representing 18.2% of the youth population (down 0.5 percentage points).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 958,000, down 1,000 on the quarter.
- There are 4.7 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 71.7% (up 0.1 percentage points on last month’s published figure and up 0.3 percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News