Labour Market Live
- Unemployment is 2,466,000, down 21,000 from last month’s published figure (quarterly headline down 48,000) and the unemployment rate is 7.8%, down 0.1 percentage points on last month and down 0.2 percentage points on last quarter.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 1,306,400, down 41,700 on last month, and the claimant rate is 3.9%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,311,000, down 50,000 on the quarter, representing 18.2% of the youth population (down 0.7 percentage points).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 965,000, down 9,000 on the quarter.
- There are 4.5 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 71.8% (up 0.1 percentage points on last month’s published figure and up 0.3 percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News