Labour market Live
- Unemployment is 2,388,000, down 78,000 from last month’s published figure (quarterly headline down 99,000) and the unemployment rate is 7.4%, down 0.3 percentage points on last month and down 0.3 percentage points on last quarter.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 1,268,600, down 36,700 on last month, and the claimant rate is 3.8%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,305,000, down 15,000 on the quarter, representing 18.1% of the youth population (down 0.2 percentage points).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 941,000, down 19,000 on the quarter.
- There are 4.3 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 72% (up 0.2 percentage points on last month’s published figure and up 0.4 percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News