Labour market live
- Unemployment is 2,342,000, up 21,000 from last month’s published figure (quarterly headline down 125,000) and the unemployment rate is 7.2%, up 0.1 percentage points on last month and down 0.4 percentage points on last quarter.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 1,215,700, down 27,600 on last month, and the claimant rate is 3.6%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,300,000, down 11,000 on the quarter, representing 18.0% of the youth population (down 0.1 percentage points).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 917,000, down 48,000 on the quarter.
- There are 4.1 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 72.1% (no change on last month’s published figure and up 0.3 percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News