Labour Market Live
- Unemployment is 2,243,000, down 83,000 from last month’s published figure (quarterly headline down 77,000) and the unemployment rate is 6.9%, down 0.3 percentage points on last month and down 0.3 percentage points on last quarter.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 1,142,000, down 30,400 on last month, and the claimant rate is 3.4%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,255,000, down 40,000 on the quarter, representing 17.4% of the youth population (down 0.5 percentage points).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 881,000, down 38,000 on the quarter.
- There are 3.8 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 72.6% (up 0.3 percentage points on last month’s published figure and up 0.5 percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News