Labour Market Live
- Unemployment is 2,209,000, down 34,000 from last month’s published figure (quarterly headline down 133,000) and the unemployment rate is 6.8%, down 0.1 percentage points on last month and down 0.4 percentage points on last quarter.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 1,116,700, down 25,100 on last month, and the claimant rate is 3.3%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,238,000, down 62,000 on the quarter, representing 17.2% of the youth population (down 0.8 percentage points).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 868,000, down 48,000 on the quarter.
- There are 3.6 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 72.7% (up 0.1 percentage points on last month’s published figure and up 0.6 percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News