Labour market Live
- Unemployment is 2,122,000, down 43,000 from last month’s published figure (quarterly headline down 121,000) and the unemployment rate is 6.5%, down 0.1 percentage points on last month and down 0.4 percentage points on last quarter.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 1,044,300, down 36,300 on last month, and the claimant rate is 3.1%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,206,000, down 48,000 on the quarter, representing 16.8% of the youth population (down 0.7 percentage points).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 817,000, down 64,000 on the quarter.
- There are 3.3 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 73.1% (up 0.2 percentage points on last month’s published figure and up 0.5 percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News