- Unemployment is 2,077,000, down 45,000 from last month’s published figure (quarterly headline down 132,000) and the unemployment rate is 6.4%, down 0.1 percentage points on last month and down 0.4 percentage points on last quarter.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 1,007,500, down 33,600 on last month, and the claimant rate is 3.0%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,184,000, down 54,000 on the quarter, representing 16.5% of the youth population (down 0.7 percentage points).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 767,000, down 102,000 on the quarter.
- There are 3.2 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 73.0% (down 0.1 percentage points on last month’s published figure and up 0.3 percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News