Labour Market Live
- Unemployment is 1,972,000, down 49,000 from last month’s published figure (quarterly headline down 154,000) and the unemployment rate is 6%, down 0.2 percentage points on last month and down 0.4 percentage points on last quarter.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 951,900, down 18,600 on last month, and the claimant rate is 2.8%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,092,000, down 74,000 on the quarter, representing 14.9% of the youth population (down 1.0 percentage points).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 733,000, down 88,000 on the quarter.
- There are 2.9 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 73% (up 0.2 percentage points on last month’s published figure and up 0.1 percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News