Labour market Live
- Unemployment is 1,959,000, down 12,000 from last month’s published figure (quarterly headline down 115,000) and the unemployment rate is 6%, the same as last month and down 0.3 percentage points on last quarter.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 931,700, down 20,400 on last month, and the claimant rate is 2.8%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,126,000, down 16,000 on the quarter, representing 15.4% of the youth population (down 0.2 percentage points).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 737,000, down 39,000 on the quarter.
- There are 2.9 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 73% (the same as last month’s published figure and up 0.2 percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News