Labour Market Live
- Unemployment is 1,827,000, down 11,000 from last month’s published figure (quarterly headline down 35,000) and the unemployment rate is 5.5%, no change on last month and down 0.1 percentage points on last quarter.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 763,800, down 12,600 on last month, and the claimant rate is 2.3%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,123,000, down 25,000 on the quarter, representing 15.4% of the youth population (down 0.3 percentage points).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 735,000, down 5,000 on the quarter.
- There are 2.5 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 73.5% (up 0.1 percentage points on last month’s published figure and up 0.3 percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News