Labour market Live
- Unemployment is 1,852,000, down 1,000 from last month’s published figure (quarterly headline up 25,000) and the unemployment rate is 5.6%, no change on last month and down 0.1 percentage points on last quarter.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 792,400, down -4,900 on last month, and the claimant rate is 2.3%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,072,000, down -51,000 on the quarter, representing 14.8% of the youth population (down -0.7 percentage points).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 738,000, up 3,000 on the quarter.
- There are 2.5 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 73.4% (up 0.1 percentage points on last month’s published figure and down 0.1 percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News