Labour Market Information
- Unemployment is 1,671,000, down 22,000 from last month’s published figure (quarterly headline down 20,000) and the unemployment rate is 5%, down 0.1 percentage points on last month and down 0.1 percentage points on last quarter.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 746,100, down 400 on last month, and the claimant rate is 2.2%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,030,000, down 6,000 on the quarter, representing 14.3% of the youth population (no change on last quarter.
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 621,000, down 11,000 on the quarter.
- There are 2.2 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 74.2% (no change on last month’s published figure and up 0.1 percentage points in the preferred quarterly measure).
Categorised in: News