Stars react to Gene Wilder's death https://t.co/VnvUhdNnnR(about 4 hours ago)
- Unemployment is 1,671,000, down 22,000 from last month’s published figure (quarterly headline down 20,000) and the unemployment rate is 5%, down 0.1 percentage points on last month and down 0.1 percentage points on last quarter.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 746,100, down 400 on last month, and the claimant rate is 2.2%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,030,000, down 6,000 on the quarter, representing 14.3% of the youth population (no change on last quarter.
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 621,000, down 11,000 on the quarter.
- There are 2.2 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment…
By Stuart Dee
In my role, I’m often asked why inclusion is so important and my answer is always the same: the success of any business depends on it. You wouldn’t be blamed for having a certain amount of cynicism about what motivates big corporations or financial institutions to demonstrate their commitment to diversity and inclusion but at RBS we have a sincerely-held belief that by putting the needs of our customers and colleagues at the heart of everything we do, we can create a bank where, as well as delivering high-quality service, everyone feels valued. It is something all…
Big Lottery Fund awards £48.5m to 63 projects for women and girls
by Susannah Birkwood
The biggest grant has gone to the domestic violence charity Women’s Aid
Cash supports women in difficult situations
The Big Lottery Fund has awarded £48.5m to 63 projects across England that support women and girls facing difficult situations such as domestic violence.
The biggest grant, worth £5.8m, went to the anti-domestic violence charity Women’s Aid to fund a project designed to reduce the prevalence of domestic abuse, carried out in partnership with SafeLives, the charity formerly known as Co-ordinated Action Against Domestic Abuse.
The second-biggest grant, of…
A Disneyland-style theme park expected to attract 50,000 tourists a day is set to be created in Kent.
For Britain’s most powerful firms, women in executive positions continue to be about as common as unicorns, new analysis has revealed.
Boardroom diversity has soared in recent years, but despite this, not much has changed at executive level.
Following Lord Davies’ target for FTSE 100 firms to have 25 per cent women at executive level by the end of 2015, female directors have more than doubled in four years.
But the changing face of UK boardrooms is largely down to the large number of women appointed to non-executive roles. Among Britain’s blue-chip firms, three in 10 of these are now held by…
- Unemployment is 1,749,000, down 24,000 from last month’s published figure (quarterly headline down 103,000) and the unemployment rate is 5.3%, down 0.1 percentage points on last month and down 0.3 percentage points on last quarter.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 795,500, up 3,300 on last month, and the claimant rate is 2.3%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,033,000, down 39,000 on the quarter, representing 14.3% of the youth population (down 0.5 percentage points).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 653,000, down 85,000 on the quarter.
- There are 2.4 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate…
Charity Commission asks government to allow unemployed to volunteer more…
UK unemployment edged up to 1.82 million in the May to July period, up 10,000 from the previous quarter.
Earnings, which have been slow to grow even as unemployment has come down, grew 2.9% excluding bonuses, the fastest rate of growth since 2009.
The unemployment rate was 5.5%, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) said, unchanged from the previous quarter but down from 6.2% last year.
There were 31.09 million in work, up 42,000 from the previous quarter.
When measured against the same period a year ago the total number of people in employment was 413,000 higher.
Including bonuses, average weekly earnings growth…
- Unemployment is 1,852,000, down 1,000 from last month’s published figure (quarterly headline up 25,000) and the unemployment rate is 5.6%, no change on last month and down 0.1 percentage points on last quarter.
- The number of claimant unemployed is 792,400, down -4,900 on last month, and the claimant rate is 2.3%.
- The number of workless young people (not in employment, full-time education or training) is 1,072,000, down -51,000 on the quarter, representing 14.8% of the youth population (down -0.7 percentage points).
- Youth unemployment (including students) is 738,000, up 3,000 on the quarter.
- There are 2.5 unemployed people per vacancy.
- The employment rate is 73.4%…
Islington council to help disabled into work with new scheme – Education – Islington Gazette
Keep up to Date
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- January 2016
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011